2012 BC Information Summit set for September 19th
Conference will examine Freedom of Information and privacy in the age of
Vancouver, July 4, 2012--The BC Freedom of Information and Privacy Association (FIPA) is excited to announce that the 2012 BC Information Summit will take place September 19th at UBC Robson Square.
The event, entitled This Time, It’s Personal: Freedom of Information and Privacy Under Government 2.0 will take a comprehensive look at the BC Government’s new “Government 2.0: Citizens @ The Centre” initiative, and what it means for information rights in this province.
Confirmed speakers include:
· Colin Bennett: Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Victoria; Surveillance and privacy researcher; Member of the Information and Privacy Commissioner’s External Advisory Board.
· Micheal Vonn: Policy Director at the BC Civil Liberties Association
· Gwen Barlee: Policy Director at the Wilderness Committee
· Kate Milberry: Activist academic and postdoctoral fellow in the Faculty of Information at the University of Toronto
· Mike Larsen: Professor of Criminology at Kwantlen Polytechnic University and co-editor of the Journal of Prisoners on Prisons.
Full speaker and programming details will be released throughout the summer and posted on our website at http://www.infosummit.ca. Early bird Summit registration will open August 8th, and regular registration begins on August 29th. Our secure registration system has been generously sponsored by the BC Library Association, and will be available through the Information Summit website.
FIPA would like to thank our Info Summit sponsors and our community partners. Stay up to date with all sponsorship and program information by checking infosummit.ca regularly.
Tyler Morgenstern, Program Director
BC Freedom of Information and Privacy Association
FIPA is a non-partisan, non-profit society that was established in 1991 to promote and defend freedom of information and privacy rights in Canada. Our goal is to empower citizens by increasing their access to information and their control over their own personal information. We serve a wide variety of individuals and organizations through programs of public education, public assistance, research, and law reform.
View and add your listing to the Industry Directory